Friday 3 June 2011

Time out!

Definitely not running the marathon this weekend - my hamstrings are still so damaged! Every time I run I can just feel it almost as soon as I start. I reckon it could take me a month before I get back to training properly again then another week or two to get back to fitness. Today I ran for the first time since Monday, I did 7miles but it was so uncomfortable and I couldn't get any speed in to it - the only reason I didnt do less was because I'd run out a few miles before the uncomfort started so had to run back more than wanted to!

Luckly when I cycle or use the concept 2 it doesn't hurt at all, infact with these I feel pretty good. It was just the fact that it was the first time I'd run so far so my 'running' muscles as such are damaged and just need to heal! With that said I've covered a fair bit of cycling this week, not training just purely going out at a really casual pace and it's been great. Plans for the weekend is a cycle, about 60 miles to watch and support the cycling event down at Tenby. It's a long corse weekend as part of the preparation for the Ironman being held in September. (Doing one of these has been an ambition for years but not yet) That should take all morning then back for the rugby, and to see what sort of impact Gavin Henson does ha ha.

As it's a none training month for me, I'll more than likely join in on some alcohol fuelled antics that goes on and just catch up with friends.

Enjoy the sun :)

No comments:

Post a Comment