Tuesday 21 June 2011

Second day back to running and Plyometrics

Second day back on the run and feels pretty good. Slowly slowly the I'm going to build back up but in the mean time I just want to get my sharpness back so concentrating on speed. 6mile this morning comfortable since yesterday doing a faster session. Following that I did a plyometrics session, something I'm going to maintain for a while as I could just feel the legs getting more explosive which felt great. I totally forgot how hard jumping is!!

For those interested the plyometric session consisted is written below:

6 Split Jumps
6 Bunny hopes
8 Explosive chest presses
5 Death Jumps
8 Step hopes
10 boundes (running motion but emphasis on exploding in the stride with more time in the air)

4 minutes inbetween the whole circuit but about 1min between exercises, 3 circuits with total focus on being explosive which means rest and total commitment to quality over quantity. This is going to be another aspect I'm going to include in my speed work training. One month approx with each week having a 4mile time trial, a 400m session and two plyometric sessions. The rest will just be steady and recovery sessions with no run longer than about 10 miles for a month. This week will come to no more than 40miles probably nearer 30.

Next quality session I have will be the 400s so aiming to do them at 77seconds a lap at least!

No comments:

Post a Comment