Tuesday 14 June 2011

canoe?

Since my recovery seems to be taking pretty long, I actually feel like my cycling is making slightly forward (still rubbish tho) and yesterday I did 10miles on the concept 2! Be it slow. At the moment I'm just frustrated by how slow my recovery is. I just want to go out and run, and run flat out with no discomfort!

More resting and X training for me for a bit longer. I've just got my hands on an old canoe! This should sort me out over the summer. As well I'll try and get a couple practice sessions in before I take part in this adventure race on the 26th. Even though I've never mountain biked and have nly limited experiance in kayaking I'm well up for that event.

With the beach just a stones throw away and the river closer X training for a while could be good but it's always more of a casual thing with me when I cant run. To me proper training is running. Thats what I prefer but got to be sensible i suppose! With the main target being fit for the coastal challenge at the end of Novemeber it's not an issue at the moment.

Having done all that moaning about my recovery, before I took on the 22miles Saturday my recovery was getting better. I'm just going to have to concentrate on shorter sharper stuff as I gradually build back up I think. Again I need the speed as I've gone really sluggish since focusing my training on ultra distance. So short and sharp before far and plenty of X training for now.

I wonder if I can find anyone with a roof rack to help me get this canoe?!

No comments:

Post a Comment