Monday 6 June 2011

Slowly Slowly

Finally I saw some light when I ran today. Infact I hadn't planned on running but towards the end of my 40mile cycle I thought bugger it lets try and run. It was always going to be 3miles but how I felt I didn't know. Even though I wasn't a 100% at all I definitely felt like there was an improvement. Slowly now I can start building again - very gradual and I'm imagining it will be the end of the month before I'll be back to full training. However at least I'm starting to feel better so hopefully can start running again. I have cycled a fair bit in the last week tho, well a fair bit for me at close to 170miles this week but all really relaxed - it wasn't training at all just casual but it's still more cycling than I've done before.

Im aiming for two more events this year - 13th August - 40miles and I'm going to enter the coastal challenge (3 marathons in 3 days) on the Pembrokeshire Coastal Path just to see how much my endurance has come on in comparison to last year. Will be interesting to see if there is an improvement.

By the time I'm back running I'll imagine I'll have 4-5 weeks of hard training before a taper and the next event in August, and after two weekends of heavy drinking I'm gasping to get back to it and get to feel fit again.

No comments:

Post a Comment