Tuesday 7 June 2011

Cycling easier than running? Just messing cyclists :)

Only 4 miles of running but it's a start. The healing is slow but I'm finally starting to feal lighter on my feet again.I've noticed a sign that I'm running lighter and easier is when I accidentally scare walkers when I pass them because they havn't heard me coming. Unlike when I need a rest, I'm all heavy on my feet and walkers turn to see what the racket is!!

All the cycling I've done in the last week has been really enjoyable and a nice change. This may enrage cyclists but is it me or is cycling easier than running? :) The low impact nature of it has certainly eased my recovery but kept me moderately active. Thank god as I'm sure there's been little change in my appetite since hardly running in the last few weeks. I'm sure I'd be huge if it wasn't for me training so much. Then I guess everyone active says similar because the appetite gets huge! I noticed on T.V the other day there was a programe about a woman needing the gastric band (the lazy option) becasue she was eating 4,000 calories a day. Granted it was pure rubbish food but I've been known to eat that much! Ha ha - joys of training, I love it.

I'm going to stick mainly to the road bike and concept 2 this week again with the od circuit and just the occasional run just to ease myself back. On Saturday I'm contemplating running the Man vs Horse marathon, which is infact 22 miles but over mountains and through streams aswell as racing people on horses. It's a truely great run! I won't be racing it at all but may use it as my first training run and just see how I feel as I go. I'm just going to run by feel, no watch, no pressure, no race just enjoy the day and have a laugh. As well as this it can act as my first training run as I very gradually get back on the horse.

Interesting times have come up recently to with the prospect of a big charity event in 2012 moving forward so hopefully I'll be able to update in the next few weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment