Friday 24 June 2011

Progressive week

Felt ready to go Wednesday morning so decided to run my 4mile time trial as such. I'm still struggling with the speed but it's coming. Eased in to it, steady for mile 2 and 3 then a bit of a push for the last mile. Any how a time of 24.53 is a 37 second improvement so it's coming. I'd like to be getting under 24 mins for this run. Second session was a 5.5mile recovery run.

As for Yesterday I planned on taking the day off but after playing tennis for a couple hours I felt like trying the 400 session, and I'm glad I did as the times are shifting down within just a week. There still not 100% but it's coming faster than I thought. After a 2mile warm up I did only 5 400s. They were all in the low 70s this time and one was at 67seconds! I'll take that, about 10 days a go I was doing them so much slower. This week has been good it's been a change to, quality very much over quantity but I think I need it for a few weeks.

Today was easy, legs are a little heavy didnt run but did a 30min plyometric session. It lacked the quality of the early week session so maybe I would have been better off not doing it, but there we are. Resting Saturday as I'm in this adventure race Sunday which will be a laugh. For once I pretty much planned out the whole week!!

This weeks -

Monday - 4mile timed and 6mile recovery
Tuesday - 6 mile steady and Plyometrics
Wednesday - 4mile Time trial and 5.5mile recovery
Thursday - 2m w/up 5x400s at 67, 71, 72, 73, 73 2m Cool down
Friday - Plyometrics
Saturday - Rest
Sunday - Team adventure race!

Been a good week as I've seen progress so hoping to continue this for a few more weeks as I'm sure it will help me in future.

No comments:

Post a Comment