Tuesday 31 May 2011

Definetly Ultra for a bit!

Ran a race yesterday pretty much on the coastal path - I thought my legs were ok but they certainly were not but never the less was good to have a run but it was too soon to race, especially something that short!

It was a real shock to the system and to me no way as enjoyable as going far....so I think I might get in to this ultra business. Today I got up early and hit the road on the bike - it didn't matter how far or how fast, I just went to enjoy the weather and enjoy the outdoors. Ended up doing close to 50 miles really relaxed and got back for work at midday. Loved it!

I forgot until recently but before the ultra I entered a marathon this weekend, It's too soon so I probably wont do it. I definetly wouldn't race it but there's a side of my head saying I might just jog it around, very easy like a long run with no watch just a laugh. (I'm actually really chuffed Iv'e got my endurance up to a stage where I can say this, even if my speed has taken a little hit) We'll see nearer the weekend as I'm not planning getting back to proper running training until the end of the month.

In addition the last blog about nutrition has stirred up some discussions. All I want to say is that when I write about nutrition I try and write it in a realistic way. We all know we can eat healthier but we got to have a life to, thats why I go on about having a balance not a 100% strict eating plan that makes life way to strict. I'm convinced it's better to eat well throught life not 100% strict for a month which is so strict that people end up unable to maintain it and turn even more unhealthy than before.

Happy running

No comments:

Post a Comment