Tuesday 28 June 2011

Race, rest, race

Monday morning I felt surprisingly good, despite Sundays race lasting almost 3 hrs. With that said I made the mistake of running my 4 mile route Monday morning pretty hard instead of taking the wise option of resting and doing that session today. As well as that I got a weekly plyometric session in. With the combination of pushing it out Monday and possibly DOMS kicking in today it's left me pretty saw today. Shit!

Despite that it was still the fastest time I'd clocked on the 4 mile for ages and it was ran more at temp pace (uncomfortable but not balls out, going sick pace) than flat out so again progress. Considering racing a multi terrain 6/7 miles Thursday evening again so the track is going to have a rest until then and I'll prob rest up until Thursday to try and run half decent. Last few weeks certainly trying to change the mentality to quality rather than quantity as the long hard training has been done now for a bit, may aswell find some speed over next few weeks.

Having said all that there is talk of 25-30 miles on the coastal path Saturday. I might do that even though it will do nothing for my speed. If you love it though, you love it I guess.

As for today I did a 5 mile recovery run and some pull ups. Just fancied the pull ups to be honest :)

This week -
Monday - 4mile Tempo + Plyometrics
Tuesday - 5 Recovery

No comments:

Post a Comment