Wednesday 8 June 2011

Adventure race

Got my first proper days running in today - felt decent to, infact my second session included 5km pretty much flat out and got a 16.31 which im more than happy with, it's one of the faster times I've done actually so happy days. Combined this with a small resistance circuit and 4km on the concept 2 to warm down.

My first session of the day was a pre breakfast 8mile which I started very slow but then gradually increased the pace to finish at a decent pace. All an all im happy with today and it's the first steps on the come back. Hopefully Saturdays run will be a great laugh and it will just be more miles on the return.

Looks like I'm about to enter a different sort of event in a couple weeks, more of adventure race which I'm well excited for. Not sure of the details but a team of two take on 10km run, 30km mountain bike (which I'm slightly nervous about having never tried mountain biking) and a 3km kayak with the team mate. I'm not sure if we have to find some checkpoints from a map to - which will be interesting! I've never done something like this before and will again be a nice change until I get near my 40 mile in August. I actually cant wait for this and can't wait for Saturday - so the hungers back!!

Also preparation for the 2km concept to race on 9th July is looking good - for entries please email where I can send on an entry form.

No comments:

Post a Comment