Tuesday 17 May 2011

I've just ordered zinc cxide tape, touch wood it arrives or I'll have to get the poor quality (to be polite) tape from the pharmacy. I've used it before and find it pretty usefull when carrying a camelbak. As well as this it's useful for the soles of the feet in an attempt to avoid blisters. I'm thinking tape them up before they hurt - might not make much difference but im not taking that chance. As for the my back, i'll just tape it up to avoid as much chafing as possible. Taping my feet and back might seem a bit far to go but I know it's not, so end of story :)

As for this week there isn't too much to write so the blogs may not be daily but I'll try to update as much as possible. Also so much for 2-4 mile daily runs this week, I ran 6 yesterday and even though it was slow and I feel fine it was still the first time iv'e gone off the 'plan' since the taper started. I hate plans, I just like running, runnings so simple sometimes I think we over complicate things. This is one reason why I follow the run on feel business, I still follow the standard guides of long runs, speed work, recovery etc but more casually. Whether thats a positive or negative I dont know but I like it. However because I tend to over do things on the taper this is one of the rare times when I do follow a plan that I've made. The only time I run with rules. Back to this week I'll stick to the plan despite yesterdays blip, and stick to 2-4 miles today and Wednesday, two days off to carb load then an easy 2-4 Saturday morning.

Talking about carb load, when I load I make a rough guide so that I know roughly my carb intake. I'll probably aim for about 800grams of carbs Thursday and Friday then a little less Saturday. I'll blog thursday of what my carb load nutrition will be. I'll probably aim for high carb meals then toasted pitta breads in between meals with a little peanut butter or marmite. This is also a good time to eat a little more simple carbs, buns, rice pudding, malt loaf even a little more chocolate is fine as it's a good way to up the calories without getting to full.

Hopefully I'll get some ultra pictures up here after the event to.

No comments:

Post a Comment