Tuesday 10 May 2011

Nutrition

There isn't too much to mention today especially with me being in this taper. Today I just ran a very easy 5/6miles which I think is around the theme I'm going to continue now, maybe find a speed session somewhere and about 12 miles on the weekend but it's all pretty easy now, time to heal! On the plus side this spare time has given me a chance to get my personal training course work done.

Last couple days has also seen me eating well so the rest is will definetly benefit me and to be honest I can just feel myself starting to recover all ready so hopefully by the weekend I'll be feeling good. I find good nutrition makes me feel so much better and I really notice it when I have a couple days of eating junk. My nutrition for today is below:

Breakfast: approx 50g oats, chopped banana and kiwi with about 200/300ml milk. mug of herbal tea, pint of water. This is my morning meal more or less every morning.

Post workout: Small bowl of maple and pecan oaty cereal with some milk and a handfull of raisins.

Lunch: Big Sweet Potato, brocolli, carrot, runner beans with a good size chicken breast with plenty of herbs and spices involved.

Afternoon (over the whole afternoon): 2 bananas, 40g cashews, some figs and dried fruit from my graze box.

Evening meal: Couscous salad with a can of tuna with all sorts of spices to make it interesting and some salad cream. Tuna is so much nicer with a little salad cream :)

Looking at that, it's fine considering I'm not training very hard at the moment. Except for the 17mile I did the other day its been low miage recovery since thursday.
I will probably eat on these lines now until a week wed or thurs where I'll start to carb load where usually nothings off the radar, but I'm going to try and keep it 70/15/15 with the bulk being complex carbs with a little simple sugars involved like buns, rice pudding, snickers (but not too much :s) and malt loaf. Nutts are easy calories to but low on fat but give a decent protein hit and good on the fat. The rest I try to load on wholemeal pittas in the toaster between meals.

Something different tonight but hopefully interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment