Wednesday 25 May 2011

Recovery

Im already feeling a lot better - I've almost even forgot the pain of Sunday...almost!

It's taken until today but I feel much better except for my toe which isn't great so it will probably stop me running for a good week but I'm not fussed. I planned on taking two weeks to rest up and do some cross training. This morning I did a 10min very light conditioning circuit and a 90min cycle extremely easy but was nice to get out there again and I feel ok, not healed completely but certainly on the mend. Going to try and get a sports massage somewhere this week to aid the recovery as my legs feel pretty tight.

Iv'e already been checking events out, so it looks like I could well do another ultra ha ha - I actually think I love the thought of seeing what my body can do and going further than the perceived limitations. Granted ultra distance events take a fair bit out of the body but as long as you rest well after then the body is a fantastic machine and heals fast. I love a good night out (which I'll be sure to enjoy this weekend) to, but I'd rather push my body through endurance and fitness than push my body through smoking or drinking like a tank every weekend. Each to their own isn't it.

I've seen a couple of events but nothing decided yet probably aim for something big in 2012 so I can do some more training and training events - so will keep the blog posted for when I decide if things are do-able both physically and financially!

My appetite has been monstruous this week, with no activity just recovery but my body needs it to help with the healing. After my recovery phase (2 weeks) I'll get sorted again with the nutrition and look ahead for the next event.

I'm not going to lie, I fancy a huge event! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment