Tuesday 3 May 2011

Discussion!

After yesterday I wanted to see how I'd be so pushed out 13 miles very slow today but that doesn't matter - after this week I'm going to do one week speed work just to get that sharpness back. Iv'e got three speed sessions I really want to do, one of which I often use to measure progress so I'll be sure to get that in. Let's just hope I'm not slower!!

As I'm away in Cardiff for a few days I thought it would be a good chance to book myself in for a sports massage, so that done and a run on the taff trail and I'll be happy, it will also put my milage up as im on 75 this week with 2 days left. I should get up to a 100 again this week before the taper starts.

Thought I would throw something out there tonight, a discussion. (Feel free to comment...infact do comment :)

My question is: Do you train better when you feel better? If so, is it not possible to dictate the intensity or volume of a programe by how we feel? E.g Do your big sessions when you best feel like it, going faster, heavier, longer etc only planned a day or two befor or even as you start the session?

Personally, ideally this is how I like to train. A general goal but I dictate the intensity of the session of the cuff. I wake up at the same early time most mornings so that if I suddenly fancy a long session I can before work or if I wake up feeling bad I rest that day not the next etc. It also suits me as it keeps me motivated. However this is just me, there is no right or wrong but for me I'm sure I do better from this method. I think I'm also lucky with the fact that I love my hobby, so not having a plan isn't an issue because I know I'll still be motivated to work out most days. For a beginner I think this method would be difficult to maintain. Please comment...

No comments:

Post a Comment