Friday 20 May 2011

Final prep

Here we go... the last blog before the attempt at a 50 mile. Im nervous, excited, scared, on edge + the rest but I honestly can't wait for this!! I just hope I manage it and just treat this one like an experiance not a race. So goals for the 'jog':

1) The main goal is just to complete it.
2) Secondary goal is to stick to my target time and not start faster - 7-7.5 mph I'm heading out at. If it goes drastically wrong then I'll just put it down to experiance and know it's a bit fast at the moment.
3) I know I say, it's no race but deep down it is, what run isn't? So thirdly a top 15 finish would be nice - but this is the least important goal, infact it isn't important at all is it ;)

Carb load gone well today, I'm at about 430g carbs so far. Should get to about 6/700. Food has been good today again, ate similar to yesterday but ate a little more fat with a portion on the cashew nutts this morning. Yesterday I reached about 650g carbs so was a little below what I targeted but I'd had enough ha ha. I do feel full by today, the eatings been a push but this is why tomorrow I wont eat as much, be nearer the 300g. The idea by Sunday I'll feel slightly less full but knowing I've loaded well. However it's just full from mainly good quality food so the stomach is settled and I feel as ready as I can be.

That said, I've gatherd most of the kit (picture) now but in the shop earlier they were out of malt loaf!! Oh no, this isn't ideal so before leaving tomorrow I'm going to do the rounds to make sure I get my loafs.

Next time I blog will be a good summary of the ultra, hopefully be able to summaries all the highs and lows on a great day. Let's hope it goes well :)


1 comment:

  1. Good luck on Sunday... The blog has been excellent - i think you'll be looking at a top-10 finish, maybe even higher!

    ReplyDelete