Thursday 26 May 2011

Slowly becoming an ultra runner?

It hasn't taken me long - I've entered another ultra. :) love it!

This time it's in August and it's 40 miles. One reason I've entered is because deep down I loved everything about the 50mile - maybe not at the time but looking back I certainly did.

Another reason - the thought of not having any sort of challenge in front of me and nothing to train for is just boring to me. I've been inactive all week, which I've needed to to heal, so I've had to, it's only wise but I can just feel myself recovering fast and tonights sports massage as well as the weekends rest will leave me well up for it again by Monday I just know it - I'll be honest I'm lost without running or some sort of challenge to test me - a life just living for the weekend is just not for me!

I've been currently searching a couple of events that I'm considering could be a great chance to raise some money as well as test me - nothing finalised yet but hopefully get on something big in 2012.

I've got a feeling this could be the start of something. So as of next week -training blog is back! :)

Whatever it is you love - do it, chase it, love life! A bit cheesy (but true) ha ha

2 comments:

  1. Great post pal!
    If you fancy another ultra next march, my club organises the barry 40. It's a 40 mile race around a track...161 laps!!!!! Think of that for mental strength! I'll send you an entry form :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete