Thursday 28 April 2011

These days don't come easy to me - Rest days.
Unless I'm forced a day off through work or a busy schedule I dont adjust well to days of inactivity, especially as I feel fairly good after yesterday. Having said that, it's got to be done in order to get stronger. So what I have done is take this chance to refuel, I've roughly worked out I'll be at around 5000calories by the end of the day, good job! It's all been good food except for the 2 snickers I had earlier :s What I have noticed is all this training gives me a serious appetite and I've found unless I over do it, loading even when training usually makes me put in a great session - Carb loading seems to have become the norm In the last few weeks. Without it I wouldn't get all the miles done.

As of tomorrow I can start the second week and I'm tempted by a monster session to peak the two weeks on Monday. Im playing with the idea of entering the mayors 5k in Carmarthen monday but run the 30 miles from home to the start line :) Im not 100% yet but if I feel up for it then I'll do it and that will then be my longest session (about 33miles) before the Ultra. Doing the 5k after that will be an experiance in itself.

As for tomorrow I'm going to start the week off (I don't know why I've started a Fri - Thurs week)early so I'm back for the wedding innit.....or so that I'm away during the wedding. I'll see tomorrow regarding distance but I'm going to aim for one more 100mile week then I'll be nearing 2 weeks out of the ultra then. Hopefully by then I'll have played with the idea of what sort of pace to go at.

Roll on tomorrow

No comments:

Post a Comment