Sunday 24 April 2011

Running by feel - Ive long thought that the time I run best is when theres no training programe and I just run off feel. Maybe I would go flat out one day but if I just fancy going at a slugs pace on some off road adventure or just have a day off or x train then I would, it all seemed to just fall in to place and the enjoyment would be sky high. I have no doubt I run better like this but I'm always tempted by training programes because 'thats what everyone else does'.

I know there was a time this year where I felt so good I was convinced I could make a 2.50 marathon thus when It came down to it I just ran a sub 3 by the skin of my teeth - There came a point where I was running because my programe said 'today run x amount at x speed with x intervals', I'd end up not motivated and running slower, then because I'd be running slower I'd get more stressed and this would just make things a mess. Next marathon I'm tempted to attempt no training programe, stay relaxed and see what happens and just run.

At the moment im not taking any notice of speed im just increasing the miles any how getting speed from fartlek session, as a result im absolutely loving it (the weather helps) - I have no doubt I will easily make 100miles this week as im enjoying every second of it and this can only be good for the ultra race.

Today I ran where ever my nose took me - ended up through the wildlife trails past the deer and water buffalos!! Only stopping at 10 miles due to work. Part one done and part two today after work, was another fartlek session over about 10 miles this  put me up to 58-60 miles since friday! I feel great and with 4 days left I should make 100 miles easy maybe I could even squeeze in a rest day which I'l have in the week. And ran 1500m mid second run in 4mins 30 - il take that as well.

Good times - Suns out and im due a nice cold beer :)

No comments:

Post a Comment