Thursday 21 April 2011

My second day of X training was 2hr 30 bike ride - Ive just had my electrolyte (salt to be less fancy) tablets delivered so thought I'd test them out on the bike ride, its the first time Ive used them they blended easily in to the water and tasted just like squash. However I drank all of it from the camelbak and an extra bit of water from my bottle as it was so hot! Almost 2litres on the bike! This is something il have to keep a check on in prep for the 50m. Hopefully finish today off with my first run as I'm feeling decent, not far and really slow, but not untill the suns hidden away a bit!

Most of my race nutrition has arrived to but I may have to order more if supplies get low as il have to trial them in training. Ive opted for Cliff Bars and Cliff bar shotz for supplement as cliff bars have a good blend of both slow release carbs and sugar and Ive got the shotz, which if you havnt tried them are more or less jelly and are pure glucose, for that sugar hit. Im considering getting 1 or 2 protein bars to but maybe il give them a miss and try and get the protein from something else which would have more carbs to, like actual food. Another thing im going to have plenty of stock of is Malt loaf, (this has everything u need for endurance carb wise and the loaf also has near 20g of protein in which is good). Theres plenty of other things im toying with 2 like salted peanuts and choclate bars - mars and snickers usually but in May they will melt so im opting against the choclate at the moment despite its immense source of energy....and there truely delicious too :(

My feet are going to be a concern aswell, I usually use zinc oxide take all over my feet before the start of a big event as its there to prevent blisters and infections before they arrive. With this plenty of vasaline!!

Friday as Iv'e got a day off is going to be the day I test out all my kit and supplies for the first time - I'm going to get ditched off some where down the Pembs Coastal Path and make my way home, which will hopefully take me about 4hrs as im going to take it slow as my priority is time on my feet.

No comments:

Post a Comment