Monday 25 April 2011

Curse of the Beer!

Today has been hard work after last night - my stomachs been turning all day and I feel horrible but got 13miles out on the coastal path done with Tom - who decided to enter his first marathon - snowdon - no glory, just pure hard work in that one, love it.  Took it very slow, (any faster mind and the curse of last nights alcohol would kick in...horrible....the world would be a better place if there was no such thing as a hangover!!)  having the company pulled me through today and was again rewarded with good food at the poppit beach cafe, this time in the form of a toasty.

Oh ye.....talking about food - the other day some one asked me 'what drug do you take to do 50miles?!!'

Me - Ha ha ha ha no drugs just food - real food, not powder or anything else massively advertised to do the same job as food. Mainly Sweet Potatos, a lot, pitta breads in the toaster with peanut butter, lots of salmon and chicken nutts and dried fruit and even more brocoli, kale and spinich and porridge daily without fail, and then the usuall stuff like pasta, couscous, bread. The od snickers to and malt loaf and pizzas anytime the bigger the better!! Nothing microwaved at all - so ye 'no drugs' but im fairly fussy except for when I eat out and il use that as a treat :)

Him: 'No way, oh no you would have to take something'
Me: HA HA HA HA HA - il take something and ruin my body if I want big biceps and triceps maybe hahaha

I've spent the rest of the day sleeping and doing nothing - back to work tomorrow for a few days so an early session, probably an easy day then maybe thurs/friday instead of watching that much publicised 'event' Il get another 4/5hr adventure done. 3 weeks out then by next sunday so hopefully all will be well - Il have to start thinking taper then but I'm not going to become sedentary like I've done before just for the sake of it as it just makes me so agitated and a pain to be around plus I hate doing nothing, a week out im going to have just have more or less a week off keeping it really easy, bugger it I'm not going to panic before then becasue if I feel good then I'll wing it and if I start feeling saw or feel niggly inuries then I'l stop - simple as that.

No comments:

Post a Comment