Tuesday 26 April 2011

I decided to change it up a bit today after realising that my 100mile goal for the week should easily be achieved, so warmed up with 50 press ups, 10 pull ups, 20 squats  x 2 then hit the road early before work on the bike for only around 30 miles before intending to run after it.

Cycle done, (only just due to people driving far too close!!) I arrived home stretched around a bit and refuelled with 2 peanut butter on wholemeal pittas, a scone and a mug of green tea, 45mins later with new music on the ipod I left the house to run at whatever pace for about 12 miles. Felt good considering I've been hitting it hard and did the same 1500m mid run at 4.35 today which im more than happy. Ended todays training after that but it did total over 3 hrs of activity, granted it was only 12 miles running but still over 3hrs in the 'exercise zone'. That putts my weekly total up to 84/85 miles with two days left, one of which I'm planning to make a 4hr stint again so the milage is going to take care of itself I hope.

Food wise if im not training or sleeping im eating, snacking on bags of fruit, nutts and malt loaf at the moment, big Sweet potato jacket with cabbage, carrots, brocoli and a piece of salmon for lunch with a big fruit salad and got my work dinner as a big wholemeal pasta bowl with some chicken and spinich based salad. I'll be ok after that.

If its forecasting sun tomorrow then I may attempt this long run then early before work, followed by a couple of lighter days of lower distances and or x training.

No comments:

Post a Comment