Saturday 23 April 2011

100mile week?

Today I got 15miles in after yesterday as well as a 15min bodyweight circuit which is very promising, some how I found myself shifting at 5.40min mile for the last mile! Where did that come from after so much and where the hell was that last weekend in London? what a difference a week makes.

My goal for this week is to get near a 100miles, ive done this once or twice ever and is too much for me as ive run much better times off 50-60miles, how ever 50miles isn't about speed at all so I think the more I can run the better as it will get me familiar with running on fatigued legs. Its going to be all about the distance this week, no speed work as such, il justmake some of the runs fartleck sessions. Il try and get about 45mins on circuit training done if I can - but the bike and rowing machine are not on the agenda this week. Just run run run.

If anyone wonders why I do bodyweight circuits its because I find a little bit of conditioning helps my overall fitness, also ive always done a bit and like it. My main exercises are pull ups, press ups, burpees, dumbell swings and dumbell clean and press (I really need a kettlebell) - I do them all high reps 20+ and find it all helps my muscle balance, keeping my shoulders nice and back meaning my lungs has max capacity to work thus making me fitter - thats the idea at least!

Anywey time to eat some more if im going to get these miles done.

O ye....today I got chased by a jack russell holding a rat in it mouth! sick ha ha

No comments:

Post a Comment