Sunday 7 August 2011

Too much ale :-/

Everything has been pretty broken this week due to a busy schedule but managed to get a few sessions in. A good interval session Thursday before hitting the squat rack for the first time in ages. I'm still feeling it today which has completely messed up my training but was a good change. I was training someone but thought I'd also get involved. The workout was - 8 x 6 Box Squat and similar with a push press. The fun part of the workout was the final circuit, 40m Keg Walk, 4 tyre flips, Bent Over row, Box Jumps, three circuits. Great conditioning workout and one of the best types of workout you can do for a balance with fitness and strength. Unfortunately I don't do enough as I find it so intense that it leaves me too saw to work on my endurance. Never the less I try to get it in to my regime when I can.

Two weeks out of my next ultra, I was planning a run of about 3hrs this morning but I've done nothing but eat a huge fry up as I got far to in to a real ale festival last night! Work in the morning didn't help but these things happen. Just means I'm going to have to get up at an ungodly hour tomorrow morning to get the run in before I go on a course. Not ideal, but honestly, I'm not going to loss any sleep over it and was a good laugh. On top of that I now can't wait for tomorrow and I'm so motivated to smash it after feeling like rubbish today.

If anyone is wondering what I'm planning with a taper - well I'm not really going to for this event. One reason being that it's not one of my events that I really want to do decent in, I'm sort of just doing it for the love of it. Secondly my training has just started to shape up and I've strung together a few good sessions so I'm just going to go with it up until about Thursday week then take two days off before hand. Depending on how damaged I am after the event I'll probably take a couple weeks off running and just cross train. I'm looking forward now - and am especially excited to try this negative splits each 10miles. If I get it wrong and end up way down the field then so be it.

So going to target a solid week training, about 60miles on the run will do and get some trainers!

Not ideally I've ripped my trainers badly so need a ne pairs asap, hope I can get them in time to wear them in!!

No comments:

Post a Comment