Tuesday 9 August 2011

Harries Personal Trainer + The Paleo way

Last few months I have worked my ass off trying to get this Personal Training Diploma done as well as thinking how to start the venture. I still feel like I'm a million miles away but a local business set up course has really helped me this week, finally feel like things are starting to move forward.

Hopefully by mid September the business will be official, Harries Personal Trainer where I hope to put all these ideas that I'm trying to start in to place. A lot of work, and seems like a 24/7 style job. Unless I'm preparing work for the business, training others or training myself I'm probably sleeping. However I do love it, and so far I think that's what spurs me on.

With that said I remember saying that I was going to post an entry on the paleo diet, or a more sustainable version of it. Without really thinking I find that I eat very well 6 days a week then usually have a much more relaxed day. For you that aren't familiar with the Paleo diet it's eating food in it's purest form - no shit at all included. The food is near enough untouched by a factory. It's an awesome way to eat but a totally unrealistic way to be 365 days a year. Well for me anyway, I know some people do it but I want a life to. Paleo means no booze, absolutely no processed foods - So things like a steak with veg, potatoes. Nuts, fruit, Almond milk, coconut milk, butter, chicken, pork, lamb, fish but no grain or oats as there grown by man or something so that's me buggered all ready as I live on oats and with my endurance training find bread so convenient when I'm in a rush and for work.

So I had to face it as awesome as it makes you feel and It's well worth trying it for a week if you haven't got anything 'social' on. I could live on it. I think I've said before my general rule of them that suits me and definitely helps me with training is veg daily, as much as possible. Oats daily lots of fruit and salad and a good whack of lean protein every now and again. The main one though is except for when I'm doing ultras absolutely no microwave meals and 90% of the time no processed junk. So ye I'm fairly strict but unlike paleo I love my homemade jams and chutneys, bread etc and the OD treat which I almost always end up saying, why did i eat that? I feel like s**t' but sometimes they do taste good. The same with alcohol, I rarely drink but when I do I'm usually in rite a state which isn't good but you get some good stories from drinking ha ha

Anywey anyone interested in learning a bit more about the paleo way check out - http://www.civilizedcavemancooking.com/

Moving on, I'm about 10 days out of my next race. This 40 mile in Derby. I haven't put in anywhere near the mileage that I did for the Cardiff Ultra but feel like there's no pressure with this one so pretty up for it. Most I've done is about 60 I think but I've barely kept track - that said I've done about 22 miles in two days this week so gonna target 70 this week then a very little next week, just enough to keep me ticking. A week Sunday look out for the blog entry, could be an interesting one.

1 comment:

  1. I was very happy and glad to read through your blog. The information available here is great.

    Orange County Endurance training

    ReplyDelete