Thursday 14 July 2011

Anticipation goes on!

Due to a couple reasons the coastal path adventure is being postponed until next week. The anticipation goes on as were both pretty excited for the trip. Should be a decent challenge, having thought more of it the other day I realised I havn't run very far in weeks so would definetly be a good challenge, just as my training is getting back on track my weight is also getting nearer where it usually is, which is good as it's a big factor with endurance event. In my opinion its definitely not about being as light as possible but everyone has an ideal weight for competing. I'm sure of this. Around the 70kg mark was where I was feeling my best. I've been 67kg before but felt useless, with no energy and lacking a bit of bite!

Finished my rest after the ultra at 75kg - and thats not because I went through a strength faze it's because I stopped doing anything major but kept the eating up. Infact all if you look at a food diary I kept previously thats pretty much how its been now for 2-3 weeks and I'm now back to 72kg and feeling the fitness coming back - all I've done was add a little bit of cross fit style workouts (strength and conditioning) and get back on the road again(Two 55-60 mile weeks). That and I've kept of the chocolate, I know it's not good but I went through a choc faze after the ultra. I could say, my body 'needed' it but thats a load of rubbish, I just got in to a more sluggish routine in the recovery period.

Had my first rest day in a while today, just had one of those days where I just needed a feet up day so got on with computer work and started to organise this proposed trp to the survival of the fittest event. Nothing finalised yet keep tabs on the 'competition' heading and I'll be sure to update. Probably going to be 13-14 spaces but I've had a fair bit of interest already so get in touch if you want to be part of a great laugh and a good workout along with good old fashion banter!

Resting up tonight gonna try and push a good paced 14 miler out in the morning.

Keep at it

No comments:

Post a Comment