Saturday 7 January 2012

First weight in since the cutting started....

I plan on weighing myself weekly, however i got on the scales on December 28th and I weighed 79kgs.....basically deep down I'm a vain bugger and even tho 79 is fine, I want to get the abs back (one of the fundraising events for my R.N.L.I Ironman mission is a topless calendar with my mates ha ha ha, I don't think I've ever had to do so little persuading!!!) and I always found that when I've been around the 72kg mark my fitness/performance has been at it's best. With a marathon coming up in a mear 7 weeks since re-starting training again, half ironman and the big Ironman I want to be at my best soon!

What hasn't helped but I don't regret one bit as it was the funniest few days in a while was a 3 day bender in Edinburgh over new year. They definitely know how to celebrate New Year!

Since then I've been back eating pretty much the way I do when it's training time - Anything that's lived, grown or been planted and except for one bagel and soft cheese I've stuck to it well. The plan is 1-3 meals a week treats e.g. takeaways or an unhealthy option.

Anyway weighed in at 77.5kg today, I was pleasantly surprised and on top of this I've put in some cracking training sessions. BOOM, its on the way back in style!!

Training wise this week I've done 2 runs one being a tough 10miler, a cross fit session and about 4 sessions on the turbo trainer - they've all been intense which I'm convinced is the key to getting leaner as well as improving performance, I'm doing a fraction of what I was last summer and to be fair, I've done no Junk session - if I've not been fresh I've rested when I've trained I've pushed it very hard. Despite partying most weekends over the last 8 weeks I'm not far off where I was last summer and think I could surprise myself come the Blackpool Marathon even tho I'm only running twice a week, one long run and one flat out run. Maybe beating my 2.59 is beyond me but I really don't know and I'm only running 2 times with the rest being cycling!

Anywere there we go - week one - 77.5kg a drop of 1.5kg in 10 days. Decent start :)

No comments:

Post a Comment