Wednesday 28 December 2011

Losing the xmas weight

It begins - got on the scales today and since October where I decided to take a rest I've put on 7kg ha ha ha. Time to get that right off! I'm starting today as I'm fed up of all the crap eating and insane amounts of alcohol which has made me feel like S**t!

How am I going to do it?

No fad diets, the main method with me usually involves a fair bit of exercise, most of which is of a high intensity and good eating. I'm good when it comes to eat lots of vegitables which i think helps a lot - just need to cut out the crap. I think within 8 weeks I can get back to a lean 72kg.

Another of my ethos is that whenever possible my post workout meal is a big bowl of oats with milk, banana and berries.

Training wise it's going to be a big year with the main event Ironman Wales and typical of me I've had a mad day where I want to do loads of events and just entered a marathon which is only 9 weeks away even though I said I wasn't going to do one this year up until about 10mins ago!!

Training will be (roughly) 2 runs, 2 swims, 3/4 bikes and 1 conditioning session if I can fit that in. It will be interesting to see how I now run this marathon from 2 runs a week instead of the usual 6 or 7.

The churn begins and the time to get back to game face weight - will update weekly.

No comments:

Post a Comment