Tuesday 27 September 2011

Back on the endurance!

As of yesterday I got my ass back in gear, entered the coastal challenge and got out of party mode and in to training mode. With six weeks to go, I'm going to up the running again and see if I can get myself back in to triple marathon shape. Whether or not I've left it late we'l see but I needed the 'party' break as I was exhausted. Either way, at the moment I'm ridiculously up for smashing some big training in and trying to go well this year. I'm refreshed and ready to put in 6 weeks of graft, trying my all to come as close to winning the marathons as possible then chill out and probably party it up again over xmas! ha ha

First day back on the endurance yesterday, started with a bang. Over 2hrs of running and a quick 30min conditioning circuit in the gym which was 12mins AMRAP (As many reps as possible) of 1min running, 10 burpees, 7-10 20kg thrusters, 10 low squats. Following that 12mins AMRAP 300m row, 10 low goblet squats, 10 press ups. Smashed it yesterday and quads/hams were tired today so this was a good chance for me to practice running on tired legs so ran today again for 75mins and once I got the fatigue out of my legs was going good at the end. Good solid start.

Food wise hit the calories hard yesterday on my return to the endurance. Around the 4000 cals mark, essential for endurance, especially when we have to find energy for work to! Food ranging from lean meats, veg, potatoes, bread, bananas, chocolate coated rice cakes, oats and plenty of milk!! I'll save the endless chocolate, chips, pizza and other junk until I start the back to back long runs.

Anywey back in the game and I'm well motivated again! Class

No comments:

Post a Comment