Thursday 8 March 2012

Injury nightmare!

It's been a while since I've blogged, mainly because I've finally met an injury! I say this because since I started my endurance/fitness/competing/health interest or whatever you want to call it four years ago I've been lucky and had to have nothing longer than about a week off due to injury. I've run marathons, a couple of ultras, done 100+ mile run weeks, done a lot of high intensity training be it running/cycling or on the weights but had nothing major until now!

Since the first week in Januray I've not been able to run for more than 10mins and there have only been 3-4 of them, by last week I couldn't even run 200yds. Cycling has kept me sane as well as swimming but recently I've struggled in the pool due to the twisting motion of the pelvis and after 2 months of cross training have finally been told to stop completely and only work on rehab exercises and at best low intensity (disco weights/pointless weights) upper body weights for as long as it takes!

I know there is more important things in life but to me this is a serious downer - In to the 3rd month of injury and when you train day in day out the weeks suddenly become ridiculously boring.

On the plus side my Ironman Wales training doesn't start until April 16th so my best option is to work on rehabilitate my sacroiliac joint (pelvis area) over the next four weeks and slowly start getting stronger again!

On top of this I'm ridiculously motivated and am positive if I can string a good month together come May the I'll be well on my way to getting back to fitness!

One goal - become an Ironman! (even if I have to do it slower than planned)

No comments:

Post a Comment